ZZ9000 for Amiga Preorder
ZZ9000 is the successor to the VA2000 Amiga graphics card. But it can do more than just graphics: based on the Xilinx ZYNQ XC7Z020 chip, it features not only a powerful 7-series FPGA, but also 2 ARM Cortex-A9 cores and DDR3 memory.
- RTG: Up to 1920x1080 FHD screen resolution at 8bit 256-colors "Chunky", 16bit or 32bit color depths. (1920x1080 at 16 bit, all other resolutions up to 32 bit).
- Enhanced VA2000CX Amiga native video passthrough functionality with AGA support (scandoubler with interlace flicker-fixer)
- Dual 666MHz ARM Cortex A9 coprocessors to offload computing tasks like JPEG, MP3 decoding and graphics acceleration
- 1GB DDR3 RAM
- Ethernet interface: Get your Amiga online
- SD Card interface (for firmware updates, not currently usable from AmigaOS)
- For Amiga 500, 2000, 3000 and 4000 (Zorro 2 and 3 compatible)
- Drivers, firmware and schematics are open sourced: https://source.mntmn.com/MNT
- Includes ZZ9000CX video slot capture card with cable
- Includes metal slot bracket
- Includes a minimal SDK with C examples for running ARM code from AmigaOS
- USB port supports USB mass storage devices. The driver is in beta and will allow you to access USB sticks from workbench.
Status (December 9, 2019): Batch 1 is shipped to customers. Batch 2 is in production and will ship in December 2019. Several firmware updates have been released that increased the graphics and network performance of ZZ9000 substantially.
Batch 3 pre-order is still open and limited to 100 units. Batch 3 will start shipping in January 2020.
Amiga 500 compatibility incl. video capturing via a new Denise chip adapter cable is available for pre-order with Batch 3 and will be made available as an add-on for earlier versions of ZZ9000.
Important: To use ZZ9000 with Amiga 500, you need a Zorro II adapter like Rob Cranley's Z-500 or the Checkmate 1500 Zorro adapter.
More technical information: 🔗https://mntre.com/zz9000Updates are posted on 🔗Twitter and 🔗Mastodon.