ZZ9000 for Amiga Preorder
ZZ9000 is the successor to the VA2000 Amiga graphics card. But it can do more than just graphics: based on the Xilinx ZYNQ XC7Z020 chip, it features not only a powerful 7-series FPGA, but also 2 ARM Cortex-A9 cores and DDR3 memory.
- RTG: Up to 1920x1080 FHD screen resolution at 8bit 256-colors "Chunky", 16bit or 32bit color depths
- Includes enhanced VA2000CX Amiga native video passthrough functionality with AGA support ("scandoubler")
- Dual 666MHz ARM Cortex A9 coprocessors to offload computing tasks like JPEG, MP3 decoding and graphics acceleration
- 1GB DDR3 RAM
- Ethernet interface: Get your Amiga online
- SD Card interface
- For Amiga 2000, 3000 and 4000 (Zorro 2 and 3 compatible)
- Drivers, firmware and schematics will be open sourced
- Includes all necessary cables and metal slot bracket
- Includes a minimal SDK with C examples for running ARM code from AmigaOS
- Note: USB port will not be active at shipping time. Support for it is part of a later update.
Status (April 20, 2019): The card is currently in the final phase of development. Graphics core and drivers (P96) are in a stable beta state, Ethernet is in experimental but working state (SANA-II). Layout of revision 1 is completed and will be brought up starting ~April 27. The pictures show the current PCB design and an older prototype. The final card is full-length.
Initial batch is limited to 200.
For questions, contact: firstname.lastname@example.orgUpdates are posted on Twitter and Mastodon.