ZZ9000 for Amiga
ZZ9000 is the successor to the VA2000 Amiga graphics card. But it can do more than just graphics: based on the Xilinx ZYNQ XC7Z020 chip, it features not only a powerful 7-series FPGA, but also 2 ARM Cortex-A9 cores and DDR3 memory.
- RTG: Up to 1920x1080 FHD screen resolution at 8bit 256-colors "Chunky", 16bit or 32bit color depths. (1920x1080 at 16 bit, all other resolutions up to 32 bit).
- Enhanced VA2000CX Amiga native video passthrough functionality with AGA support (scandoubler with interlace flicker-fixer)
- Dual 666MHz ARM Cortex A9 coprocessors to offload computing tasks like JPEG, MP3 decoding and graphics acceleration
- 1GB DDR3 RAM
- Ethernet interface: Get your Amiga online
- USB port supports USB mass storage devices. The driver allows you to access USB sticks from workbench.
- SD Card interface (for firmware updates, not usable from AmigaOS)
- For Amiga 500, 2000, 3000 and 4000 (Zorro 2 and 3 compatible)
- Drivers, firmware and schematics are open sourced: https://source.mntmn.com/MNT
- Includes ZZ9000CX video slot capture card with cable
- Includes metal slot bracket
- Includes optional heatsink
- Includes a minimal SDK with C examples for running ARM code from AmigaOS
- Important: To use ZZ9000 with Amiga 500, you need a Zorro II adapter like Rob Cranley's Z-500 or the Checkmate 1500 Zorro adapter.
Status (December 2, 2020): We are sending out Batch 5 cards, and have already sent out 40 packages from Batch 5. Deutsche Post/DHL is currently over capacity and delaying things a bit. When your package ships, you'll get a tracking link via email. Thank you very much for your patience!
If you order today, you will be in Batch 6, which will ship February/March 2021 (delayed from January). If you can, we recommend not to wait until the last minute to order, or it will be hard for us to plan when the batch will be full.
More technical information: https://mntre.com/zz9000Updates are posted on Twitter and Mastodon.